Professional Online Certificate in Plant Based Nutrition, Culinary Medicine and Fine Dining Raw Food Mastery
9 Comprehensive Modules : Fully Online Course 6-12 Month Course – 1750 Euro Min: 500 hours
Individuals who may benefit from the program
Individuals who hold a qualification in science, or registered dietitians, physicians and other health professionals who desire to apply evidenced base for plant-based diets in their practice, those who want to pursue a plant based business, health educators who want to communicate the health benefits of plant-based eating for health promotion, students motivated to promote sustainable diets, and those interested in lifestyle medicine and plant based nutrition on an advanced level.
This comprehensive professional certificate culinary course is recommended for students with strong ambitions who have an interest in plant based cooking with No prior culinary experience is required. We welcome students from a variety of different educational and occupational backgrounds.
This programme issuitable for students who wish to:
- Qualified Chefs of all levels wishing to increase skills and knowledge in Plant – Based, vegetarian and vegan cuisine.
- Chefs working in hotels spa facilities, health/ fitness/ retreat centres and hospitals or as personal chefs.
- New product development Chefs wishing to expand their knowledge in developing New Food Products for the growing vegetarian and vegan markets.
- Health professionals who give nutritional advice and wish to bridge their knowledge and skills to Culinary Arts.
- Potential entrepreneurs, who may wish to open a food business in the future, particularly those which are aimed related to plant based cuisine.
- Career changers and those wishing to explore the food industry from a health food perspective.
- Food writers, food media, food stylists and bloggers.You love cooking and always wanted to learn how to cook for a vegetarian or vegan household.
By the end of the program, the graduate should be able to:
- Demonstrate grasp of the science of nutrients essential to analyze the role of plant foods in supporting and optimizing human health and longevity
- Employ research skills to interpret data on nutrition and apply it to health promotion and intake requirements across the life cycle
- Develop evidence-based food guidance for plant-centered eating for optimizing health and preventing disease
- Evaluate the impact of plant-based diets on planetary health, ecology and the environment
- Communicate nutrition concepts effectively to individuals and populations
- Demonstrate expert skill in culinary medicine, specifically plant based culinary artDemonstrate advanced understanding of lifestyle medicine principles
- Demonstrate confidence in Daoist herbalism principles
- Understand the damaging effects ion sugar and sugar substitutes and demonstrate skill in avoiding use of traditional sweeteners.
Educational Effectiveness Indicators
- Comprehensive examination
- Research and practical assignments
All are very welcome to take this training. It is a certificate program, however it is still more comprehensive than most plant based educational programs available. For a more advanced and deeper dive into plant based nutritional science, lifestyle medicine, culinary art and medicine, take our Diploma or Degree program
There are no prerequisites for this course, only an interest in plant based nutritional science, culinary medicine and culinary art. We do require you to have a passion for the course material and a drive to research on the topics
Culminating experience (Non-thesis)