100% Pure Organic Liquorice Root powder which has been ground and sieved to a fine powder which can be added to your favourite beverage, porridge and chocolate. Minimum online purchase is 150 Euro plus shipping fee.
Health Benefits of Liquorice root
- Anti-inflammatory food: Licorice root can be used in the treatment of inflammatory conditions in the body. a study conducted on mice found that licorice root extract helps in stimulating the regulatory T cells of the mice. In addition, licorice contains many antioxidants such as flavonoids that are beneficial in preventing inflammatory activity in the brain.
- Relief from stress: During stress, the body releases an unhealthy amount of cortisol (the stress hormone) and adrenaline that results in other conditions. Taking licorice root extract has been linked with regulating the amount of cortisol production in the body, thus, reducing the symptoms of stress.
- For cancer treatment: Although there is limited research on the impact of taking licorice root extract on cancer, preliminary studies suggest that it is possible to reduce the risk of developing prostate and breast cancers with the herb. Moreover, there are reports of its use in Chinese medicine for cancer treatment.
- For dental health: Dental problems such as dental caries, which is caused by bacterial activity, can be treated using licorice. This is because licorice has antibacterial effects that can destroy the bacterial pathogens in the teeth.
- Good for the skin: Skin problems like eczema and acne can be treated using licorice. For this purpose, the root extract of the licorice plant is topically applied to the affected areas of the skin. Further, there is some evidence that using licorice-containing gels on itching skin can reduce the itching.
- For respiratory health: Respiratory problems like cough and catarrh can be prevented, and even treated using licorice. Licorice intake has been linked with a production of healthy mucus and phlegm in the respiratory tract.
- For recovery from surgery: Based on research, taking licorice root extract or rinsing the mouth with licorice fluid can help to reduce the complications of surgery.
- For digestive health: Gastrointestinal problems like acid reflux and stomach ulcer can be reduced by taking licorice root extract. These problems are mostly caused by inflammations in the digestive tract as a result of bacterial activity. The anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties of licorice root come into play here as the problems are reduced.