Professional Diploma in Plant Based Nutrition, Lifestyle Medicine & Culinary Medicine
12 Comprehensive Modules : In Person Course Delivered Over 7 Days at Planticine Organic Farm Miravet Spain. This is our most comprehensive in person course. The Professional Diploma course also includes the full course online.
Individuals who may benefit from the program
Individuals who hold a qualification in science, or registered dietitians, physicians and other health professionals who desire to apply evidenced base for plant-based diets in their practice, those who want to pursue a plant based business, health educators who want to communicate the health benefits of plant-based eating for health promotion, students motivated to promote sustainable diets, and those interested in lifestyle medicine and plant based nutrition on an advanced level.
By the end of the program, the graduate should be able to:
- Demonstrate grasp of the science of nutrients essential to analyze the role of plant foods in supporting and optimizing human health and longevity
- Employ research skills to interpret data on nutrition and apply it to health promotion and intake requirements across the life cycle
- Develop evidence-based food guidance for plant-centered eating for optimizing health and preventing disease
- Evaluate the impact of plant-based diets on planetary health, ecology and the environment
- Communicate nutrition concepts effectively to individuals and populations
- Demonstrate expert skill in culinary medicine, specifically plant based culinary art
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of lifestyle medicine principles
- Demonstrate confidence in Daoist herbalism principles
- Understand the damaging effects of sugar and sugar substitutes and demonstrate skill in avoiding use of traditional sweeteners.
Educational Effectiveness Indicators
- Comprehensive examination
- Research and practical assignments
- Practical presentation of exam
The only admissions considerations is if you would like to take this course alone as a practical and experiential introduction to the subject matter or take the course as part of the Diploma or Degree which includes the full online course to go much deeper into the science to gain a much better and well rounded understanding of the subject matter. If taking this course as part of the Degree you will also be required to take 12 private tutoring classes so that each module is understood at an advanced level.
There are no prerequisites for this course, this course covers all foundational information on nutritional science, cell biology, nutritional biochemistry, lifestyle medicine, culinary medicine and culinary art. We do require you to have a passion for the course material and a drive to research on the topics and complete assignments and an exam.
Culminating experience (Non-thesis)
This course requires that students complete a practical based exam carried out under the supervision of the program faculty in class. Students will also present assignments throughout the two weeks.