Module 5: The Art and Science of the World’s Healthiest Raw Chocolate & Healthy Light Refined Vegetable Desserts. Healthy Sugar Alternatives, Nut Free Cakes & Medicinal Cookies. – The Sweet Magic of Polyphenols.
Take this as a stand alone course or as Module 5 of the Professional Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Degree Program. This course can also be taken with a 90 minute private tutoring session with one of our expert lecturers at Plant Based Academy. This comprehensive online certificate course will help you understand the importance of polyphenols, exclusion of sugar and inclusion of medicinal cacao for optimal health and longevity, in particular the immunmodulating, adaptogenic and BDNF boosting effects of polyphenols . Created by culinary medicine experts specialising in refined culinary art of using food as medicine and preparation of desserts with sugars and high fats. This course is a deep dive into the damaging impact of sugar on biology, the art, science and theory of medicinal cacao as its use in disease prevention with specific mention to dementia. This course is rich in content and sugar free polyphenol rich medicinal recipes and in-depth lessons on chocolate chemistry, metabolism, metabolic diseases, using cacao and polyphenols as medicine, hormesis, plant hormetic compounds, longevity science and research and so much more.
This is a very unique and comprehensive Masterclass in sugar free desserts and medicinal chocolate teaching you the art, history, science and practise of preparing the most medicinal cacao on the planet and preparing refined sugar free desserts that are incredibly healthy and delicious.This course covers the science and chemistry of cacao and the incredible medicinal qualities of phytochemical compounds such as polyphenols. This course is a stand alone course or can be taken as part of our certificate, diploma and degree program. This program is completely online with well structured lessons and many amazing recipes.
The consequent oxidative stress is considered as the mediator of a cascade of degenerative events in many neurological disorders. Epidemiological studies indicate that dietary habits and antioxidants from diet can influence the incidence of neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases. In the recent years, a number of reviews have reported on neuroprotective effects of polyphenols in particular those found in dark sugar free chocolate. An investigation on the effect of cocoa polyphenolic extract on a human AD in vitro model confirmed the powerful anti-oxidant properties of cocoa and also demonstrated that cocoa polyphenols triggers neuroprotection by activating BDNF survival pathway, both on Aβ plaque treated cells and on Aβ oligomers treated cells, resulting in the counteraction of neurite dystrophy. On the light of the results obtained the use of dark chocolate as preventive agent for neurodegeneration is further supported.
Individuals who may benefit from this course
Practitioners who are seeking comprehensive training on removing sugar from their diets and the diets of their clients. Individuals with a passion for plant based nutrition and culinary medicine which is eliminating toxins such as sugar and incorporating some very specific polyphenolic compounds for optimal health, performance and longevity. Individuals seeking a formal introduction and training in medicinal cacao and sugar free desserts. This online certification course is beneficial for individuals who have a keen interest in learning about the medicinal qualities of cacao and polyphenols and the profound health enhancement from removing sugar from the diet.
By the end of the program, the graduate should be able to:
- Demonstrate a grasp of the science of phytochemicals, polyphenols and cacao and its role in supporting and optimizing human health and longevity.
- Competency in advanced sugar free dessert and chocolate making art, skill, application.
- Understand the mechanism by which cacao can play a role in treating and prevent metabolic diseases.
- Safely and effectively incorporate the use of cacao into their clinical practice.
- Articulate the basic theories of medicinal cacao
Educational Effectiveness Indicators
- Comprehensive assignments
- Practical Culinary Presentation
- Interest or qualification in biology, nutrition, or equivalent field, or health professional.
- Transitioning to a plant based diet.
- Clinician looking to incorporate plant based nutrition and medicinal cacao.
- Student of nutritional sciences or health sciences.
- Interest in addressing, preventing and reversing disease states using cacao
- Interest in metabolic disorders and sugar.
- Interest in sugar free desserts and chocolate making skills.