Module 8: Raw Gourmet Medicinal Meal Demonstration. Costing, Planning,Writing & Executing a Menu. & Module 9: Practical & Written Exam – 5 Course Fine Dining Refined & Medicinal Plant Based Menu Presentation. Setting up a Plant Based Business, Menu Costings & Profit & Loss.
Take this as a stand alone course or as Module 8 & 9 of the Professional Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Degree Program. This course can also be taken with a 90 minute private tutoring session with one of our expert lecturers at Plant Based Academy. This comprehensive online certificate course will teach you the finer details of how to create healthful meal plans and menus for yourself, your family and with clients. This course is rich in content, sample menus, financial planning and tolls for creating a successful diner party or cafe menu.
This is a very unique and comprehensive Masterclass in bridging plant based nutritional science, culinary medicine, molecular gastronomy, menu writing and costing together in an elegant way teaching you how to start a plant based business, how to create a profitable plant based food business, how to write, present and cost a menu and importantly how to create a refined sugar free plant based organic medicinal menu suitable for a michelin star restaurant or a 5 star hospital or resort. This course is a stand alone course or can be taken as part of our certificate, diploma and degree program. This program is completely online with well structured lessons and many amazing sample menus and dish ideas with images. Knowing what each of your menu items costs to prepare is one of the most basic yet overlooked aspects of running a profitable restaurant. Costing out your menu can be an arduous task, but you must know your menu cost before you can make intelligent decisions on cost-cutting, price increases or other changes to your menu. This course teaches managers, owners, novices, business enthusiast how to implement a menu costing system from the very start, a critical step for any success.
Individuals who may benefit from this course
An essential course for anyone looking to start up their own cafe, teashop or small restaurant; or to add a cafe to an existing business. Over the course you will be equipped with the knowledge to start your own business. The course content includes menu planning and financial planning. As anyone who has ever owned or managed a food establishment can confirm, the calculations are far more complex. The true cost of producing a single meal needs to take into account a myriad of overheads aside from the mere cost of ingredients – get that formula wrong and you may cost yourself out of the market or leave yourself little to no profit.
By the end of the program, the graduate should be able to:
- Demonstrate a grasp of menu writing process.
- Competency in menu costing.
- Appreciate the complexity of starting a food business and creating a menu.
- Develop your own dishes and menus which are refined and costed.
- Offer healthy eating programs and menus
- Expand on your food coaching services to instill healthy eating habits
- Work in hospitality to improve the healthfulness of meals and menus
- Assist clients or family with healthy eating for longevity
Educational Effectiveness Indicators
- Comprehensive assignments
- Practical Culinary Presentation
- Interest in culinary arts.
- Transitioning to a plant based diet.
- Individual looking to incorporate molecular gastronomy as an advanced refined food preparation model.
- Student of nutritional sciences or health sciences.
- Interest in sugar free medicinal refined menu creation.
- Exercise Physiologists
- Personal Trainer’s
- Health Coaches
- Food Bloggers and Food Coaches
- Anyone wanting to work with clients on meal planning